Advantages of Motorcraft® Batteries
Jump-Starting a Battery
- Open both vehicle hoods and locate the batteries.
- Remove any terminal covers and corrosion.
- Attach the positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (red) terminal of the dead battery. Make sure both metal clamps are firmly in contact with the terminal.
- Attach the other end of the positive (red) jumper cable to the positive (red) terminal of the assisting battery.
- Attach the negative (black) jumper cable to the negative (black) terminal of the assisting battery.
- Attach the other end of the negative (black) jumper cable to an exposed metal part of the disabled vehicle’s engine, away from the battery and the carburetor/fuel-injection system.
- Start the assisting vehicle’s engine.
- Start the disabled vehicle’s engine.
- Allow both vehicles to run connected for about three minutes.
- Leave the jump-started vehicle running and disconnect the cables in the reverse order that they were attached and close the hoods.
- Keep the jump-started vehicle’s engine running for about a half hour to allow the battery to fully charge.
- Visit Vacaville Quick Lane to get the jump-started battery tested or replaced as soon as you can.
Spotting battery problems before a jump start
A smart way to avoid jump starting a dead battery? Learn the warning signs of an aging or worn battery. Stop by Vacaville Quick Lane if you notice any of the following battery symptoms:
- Excessive corrosion around the battery terminals or cables
- Bulging or deformity of the battery casing
- Difficulty starting your engine
- Consistent electrical system problems
During the battery test, you can ask the experts at Vacaville Quick Lane for a full vehicle checkup report to help you monitor your vehicle systems. It’s a great way to keep up on all your vehicle maintenance needs.
MOTORCRAFT® TESTED TOUGH® MAX BATTERIES STARTING AT $134.95 MSRP.*
With 36-month battery replacement warranty.
MOTORCRAFT® TESTED TOUGH® PLUS BATTERIES, $104.95 MSRP*
With 24-month battery replacement warranty.
HAVE YOUR BATTERY TESTED AT NO CHARGE.*
Be sure you have the starting power you need.